Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween Saban Supporters

In the last few days of our campaign, I want to thank you for the time, energy and resources you’ve invested in giving me the opportunity to become Sheriff of Maricopa County. Through thick and thin, you’ve been behind me, giving me encouragement when the attacks got personal, and keeping your friends and family informed with the truth when the lies got ugly. You’ve been a great inspiration to me, and you will always hold a special place in my heart.

The election will soon be upon us, and I’ve thought long and hard about how to get the most out of the last few days of this campaign. Some of you have suggested we buy TV time, but that’s expensive. Some said I should get an auto-dialer to robo-call every home in the County, but I hate having my dinner interrupted by politicians’ recorded messages, and I’ll bet you do, too.

Others want me to hold a great big rally, maybe at Sun Devil Stadium, US Airways Arena or Wesley Bolin Plaza, but not everyone would be able to attend on short notice. Besides, with the price of gas, who wants to drive anywhere? So, after rejecting all these ideas, I’ve come up with a plan I hope you will support.

I’ve decided to throw Arizona’s largest “VIRTUAL SABAN RALLY.”

Yes, from the comfort of your computer you can join thousands of other Dan Saban supporters in one last big “Get Out The Vote” rally before Election Day. Here’s how you can help.

Tomorrow morning, I’ll send you an email with a simple campaign message. I’ll attach a couple of our campaign radio commercials. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to forward my email message to at least five friends.

Include a personal note along with my message so your email contacts won’t think its spam. Tell your friends why you’re voting for me (or why you’re voting against the other guy). Ask them to vote for Dan Saban, and ask them to forward my message to at least five of THEIR friends.

With you telling five friends, and your friends telling five friends, and your friends’ five friends telling five more friends, soon this will build into a giant VIRTUAL SABAN RALLY, and together, it’ll include thousands of people all over the County.

Forecasters and our own internal pollsters’ think this will be a much closer race than some “experts” predict, so every friend you can turn into a Saban voter will make a huge difference. So be a part of Maricopa County history. Help us get our message to everyone.

Be watching your email box tomorrow, and be thinking of the five people you’d like to invite to our VIRTUAL SABAN RALLY. You can be the deciding factor in this election, and I’d love to have your help. I’ll contact you tomorrow!

Good health.

Source: Dan Saban for Sheriff

No comments: