Tuesday, July 19, 2011

DiCiccio Endorses Neely for Mayor‏

Councilmember Sal DiCiccio joined the growing chorus of supporters for Peggy Neely and “The Phoenix We Want.”

“I am so pleased to have my former colleague Councilmember DiCiccio join Councilmember Johnson in support of my bid for mayor,” said Peggy Neely, “I am proud that the people who have worked with me in the trenches to support our quality city and begin the process of reform are giving me their vote of confidence to help preserve what is best about Phoenix. I am looking forward to working with them to build a coalition dedicated to improving our city.”

Councilmember Sal DiCiccio, representing District 6, stated, “Peggy Neely has a strong track record standing up for the taxpayers of Phoenix - not the unions and city hall special interests. I fully endorse Peggy. She is the right person who will make reforms that put taxpayers first and create more transparency; and Peggy will repeal the food tax – the same tax used for pay raises and bonuses to government employees. Phoenix gave huge pay raises and cut services to kids and seniors and we both believe that is wrong. Peggy and I don't see eye to eye on every issue, but we both care about the people of Phoenix and believe we can be much better."

“As Mayor, you must build a solid governing coalition based on working well with your fellow councilmembers,” concluded former Mayor Skip Rimsza, “Peggy Neely is proving she can bring people together to find solutions. She is building a strong coalition for the City of Phoenix dedicated to serving the taxpayers.”

Source: Peggy Neely For Phoenix Mayor

No comments: