Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs to lead Phoenix's recovery‏

Two weeks ago, I unveiled my public policy plan. In traveling around the city and listening to our residents, it has become clear to me that a vision that is both broad and bold is needed. As such, I offer this policy plan entitled “The Phoenix We Want,” to address the concerns that have been expressed to me as I have listened to people from throughout the city.

Now, I need your help to bring jobs to Phoenix.

I believe one of the most critical needs is a plan to diversify our jobs base. We can’t rely on construction alone to fuel our future. Instead, we must help existing businesses expand and then work with them to leverage new relationships with companies looking to relocate. I am no stranger to attracting businesses to Phoenix. During my time on the city council, District 2 has been a strong leader in job creation attracting companies such as Republic Services, Mayo Clinic Hospital, W.L. Gore and Associates, American Express, Axway, APL, Ryan Companies, and Penske Automotive Group/ Chauncey Ranch Auto Boutique developing thousands of jobs and attracting regional and national headquarters to Phoenix.

I am asking for your support.

If we can commit to attracting new jobs and businesses, we will put ourselves on a path toward recovery and sustainability. It’s a path we can and will walk as one of America’s greatest cities and one I hope we decide to walk together.

Please click here now to make a contribution of $500, $250, $100 or whatever you can afford.

I ask that you make this contribution within the next 48 hours so I can begin to put together our campaign plan to create the Phoenix you want.

Source: Peggy Neely for Mayor

No comments: